Yale Lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am fitting a Yale Conexis smart lock, and have removed the existing cylinider ok…. But in my door the cylinder sits in a sliding carrier which protrudes through the door at the front, so the Conexis handle assembly isn’t able to sit flush on the door…. See picture.

I cannot see how to remove this extra piece which is preventing me fitting the Conexis front plate and handle.

What is its purpose, and is it removable?

Attachments

• IMG_7746.JPG
    IMG_7746.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_7748.JPG
    IMG_7748.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 210
Sponsored Links
The Cylinder is out ..... it's the empty carrier that is causing the problem. It slides up and down and appears to straddle in the internal mechanism. It's either two parts pressed together, one from either side or i'm going to need to pull the entire mechanism out of the door to remove it i guess... not something I want to do if i can help it!

Someone at work says these just pull out with a pair of pliers or mole grips. Its actually two parts pushed together from either side of the door. Does this make sense?

Sponsored Links
Ok just to close this one out.... the part in question is apparently a security device to stop Euro locks being snapped. It didn't pull apart and even managed to confound a Locksmith who resorted to cutting it out with power tool. Its out now and the Conexis is in and working!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back