Smart Heating Help...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m starting a Smart Heating project for my home. Just after a bit of guidance.

I’ve settled on the ‘Tado’ system. It has good reviews, has smart TRVs for multizones, and looks good.

My aim is to have some control over heating in each room of the house independently.

My current setup:

Heat sources:

- Brand new Vaillant ecoTec Plus Boiler. Which supplies CH in all but 2 rooms via standard radiators. 1 Drayton RF thermostat in lounge.

- Wet UFH system on separate zone from rads. Has a wired Heatmiser thermostat.

- 1 downstairs room has been newly decorated and a slim ceramic panel heater (which does a good job to my surprise) installed. It’s a simple on/off job.

What I’d like:

- Install Tado thermostat via the wireless extension kit connected to boiler in place of the Drayton RF stat to control heating in the living area. Potentially I could wire their stat up direct to the boiler.

- Install Tado thermostat in place of the Heatmiser stat for the UFH zone.

- I would like to install smart TRV’s on the rads. (If I hav any cash left!)

- Finally is like to hook up a Tado thermostat to the electric ceramic panel heater. What is the best way to do this? I know I need transformer/relay.

From the specs of the Tado extension kit I could get another one of these and use it’s relay? That would mean having 2x Extension kits - any issues with this?

Any thoughts / suggestions welcome. Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back