Smart/WiFi controlled Radiator Valves... self-build controller?

But room-by-room control isn't new. Back in the early 70s, one of our neighbours had his new-build fitted out with a room stat in every room controlling a 2 port zone valve for that room. I can only assume that some later owner ripped all that "complicated nonsense" out.
I did look at that idea, with a micro switch in every valve it is relativity simple to wire so if any valve opens then boiler fires up. However back in the 70's motorised valves were expensive, and of course it would take a lot of wiring, plus you need some where to mount the valves, the wifi eTRV is around same price as a motorised valve, however it is easy to mount, and does not require cables, however the installing of software and selecting ITTT apps I found daunting, it would have been easier to hard wire.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back