Smeg dishwasher dwi1612c type 12043

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,i have a dishwasher that goes on for hours and hours when the cycle is supposedly only 90 minutes,i have cleaned the filter ,switched the power on and off numerous times but to no avail.I have to open the door to stop the cycle and the water is hot,the dishwasher is integrated and has a door panel on the outside if that helps.There is a quick rinse cycle and that works fine and cuts off after a short cycle but the plates and pan cycle doesn't.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
the first time i opened it it was luke warm then hours into the cycle i checked again and the steam hit me immediately as i opened the door but im not 100% sure the water was hot but surely it must have been ?

Best thing to do is check it is filling with sufficient water, start a wash programme and wait for it to finish draining (2 mins at the most), then wait for it to fill with water (4 mins), then open the door to see the water level, should at least cover the filter if not slightly higher.
Now check that the upper and lower arms are in deed turning, either listen or align the arms before starting programme and observe after opening the door, have they moved?

I know on some machines it will finish the programme before starting the next programme if the 1st programme has not properly finished or been correctly cancelled, so a 90 min programme might in fact take much longer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back