Smelly dishwasher drainage tube

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drainage tubes for both our dishwasher and also on our washing machine are a bit smelly - I presume they're a bit mucky inside, although they still drain OK.

What's the best thing to do to rectify this?
Not sure if I need a regular drain unblocker/cleaner as it's not really blocked. And the tubes tend to be long compared to the U-bend on a sink drain, so I'd like something that will clean out the whole length, not just the lowest part.

Sponsored Links
Most dishwasher tablet manufacturers make a dishwasher cleaner, they will normally remove most debris and smell etc.

Hmmm, I always thought those were to clean the inside of a grubby dishwasher? I've never seen the point of them, since running the dishwasher keeps it pretty clean (just like it cleans the dishes!)

What about the washing machine drain pipe?

They also clean the drainage pipe too as a dishwasher cycles water thru as its cleaning and doesn't just fill like a washing machine, think oust do ones for both dishwasher and washing machine. If you could access the waste for the washing machine you could pour a sink cleaning product directly into it then next time you use you washer it should rinse it through.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back