smelly saniflo probs... Not the toilet the shower!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I bought a place around a year ago and it already had a saniflo pro installed. Its actually been ok (as ok as saniflos can be) (touch wood). What happens occasionally is that when the shower is on (shower, sink and toilet all connected) a nasty smell can omit from the saniflo... I once had a really nice engineer out after someone put a baby wipe down the toilet!!! He got a water hoover and sucked all this manky old hair out of the shower. My god I can still remember the smell. He told me to put mr muscle bathroom drain foamer down it... I have done this several times since but the smell always come back. Does anyone have advice I'd be really greatful. I read somewhere that perfectly installed saniflo's shouldn't smell but it was installed before I bought the place and the engineer/plumber said it was in good condition....

Sponsored Links
If there is any way that you can install a conventionally drained WC at a "reasonable" cost, then i'd do it. Bite the bullet esp. if its the only WC.

As for your present post - i'm sorry but i have no idea.

its 100% impossible to install a normal toilet that wasn't what I was asking. I know they are a pain and as mentioned in the OP the sink and shower is connected

Sponsored Links
Can you tell where the smell is coming from?

They should be virtually room sealed in respect of the smelly part!

Tony

Can you tell where the smell is coming from?

They should be virtually room sealed in respect of the smelly part!

Tony

for the helpful reply... smell seems to be where the main motor part is (sorry for the crap terminology) where the outlet is basically... ie:- not from the shower but happens when water is running in shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back