SMS boiler ordering - instant and efficient?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps, I read a couple of days ago about a new service that is set to be introduced from PTS. Apparently is relates to a SMS service that allows you to text a number and then a member of their staff will call back with the latest boiler offers. I just wanted to ask if anyone had heard of the service as this would suit me as I am off out and about most of the time, I have tried using my phone for the internet but have broken so many I am back to the old school way of using texts so this would be ideal. I have had a look online but can’t find any information, from what I read I was under the impression that the service was live so wanted to see if anyone had used it?

If not no problems Ill continue to see if I can find any additional info – ideally I am just after the number so I can give it a test, if it means that I can text them and they can come back to me it’s a no brainer from my perspective.

Cheers Tom.

Sponsored Links
if u need to speak to them why not call them instead of texting?

To my knowledge it means that I don’t have to stay on hold – if I am driving to another job etc and also they will come back to me with up to date deals, from what I read the text is at normal text rate so no additional cost there either, plus no fumberling about trying to find their number as it’s a simple text…

I am not totally aware of all of the ins and outs but if there is a system that means it’s cheaper for me saves my time and provides me with all of the lasts offers – sort of makes sense.

Anyway I can’t find any information on it yet so I am guessing it may be something they are looking to run in the future - let me know if you hear of anything.

If you are the 'real tomplum', stop hitting the phones with a hammer.....

I've seen the video footage.

Maybe not PTS, but PlumbCenter and Graham's have an iPhone app update every month or so with offers. Maybe keep yourself on good terms with the branch manager and he'll or the key-account rep phone you anyway

Next question, how many boilers do you need to find out about on a daily/weekly basis?.

As for boiler changes? my phone has stopped ringing.... more "can you keep it running for another year?"

DH

Sponsored Links
Very funny chaps. Iphone app! I didn’t realise us plumbers has become so advanced. Ok thanks for the heads up, I’ll have a look and see what I can find. I have always found that PTS have better deals than Plumbcenter & Grahams but thanks for the heads us – I’ll let you know if I find any more info – I suppose it’s got to be worth a look.

Cheers Tom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back