Snow in late March

Tony, if my radiators are 60 degrees - why doesn't my house heat up to 60 degrees? By you logic it should.

Sponsored Links
No, the scientists show the earth is warming by measuring its temperature.

I see. So i'm a scientist, and I record the temperatures at a certain place;

let's say in

1990 = 15 deg.
2000 = 16 deg.
2010 = 17 deg.

That means the temperature in 2100 will be 26 deg.

No it doesn't. It means the recorded temperature of that certain place was 15 in 1990, 16 in 2000, 17 in 2010.

You cannot extrapolate something as variable as climate, and anyone who claims to have found a pattern is deluding themselves

Well you can but you would definitely need error bars on your graphs (what you missed off yours) or else they would have no real credibility.

It's all probability at the end of the day, and as the models get better the error bars get narrower. The models are a lot better than they used to be but still cannot predict the temperature of a certain place in 2100 quite yet.

They can predict the temperature of the Earth in 2100 but the error bars are quite wide, however they do show the Earth will be warmer. And the climate will be a lot different from today - as will the sea level.......

Arn't we all meant too of died from radiation through depletion of the ozone layer by now ? just sayin ;)

Correct; everyone seems to have forgotton the hole in the ozone layer.
Perhaps that was last decade's fad.

You remind me of my ole grandpa. He never believed man landed on the moon. Was convinced it was all staged.
Mind you I was at the kennedy space centre and that looked all staged. :mrgreen: :LOL:

If you believe what google writes then get a load of this.....

Google wrote

You may think how does skin cancer relate to climate change? The answer is ozone depletion. it all started in 1970s and the 1980s when different scientists started presenting concerns about the ozone layer decreasing. One of the causes for our depleting ozone layer is CFCs which are used in coolants for everyday things, like refrigerators and air conditioners, fire extinguishers, and cleaning solvents. Both non-melanoma and melanoma skin cancers have been increasing. One type and the most dangerous skin cancer is melanoma. 132,000 melanoma cancers happen globally each year. Out of all the cancers one in every three is skin cancer and one in every five Americans develop skin cancer in their lifetime.

One type of UV rays causes skin cancer and that would be UVB. Ultraviolet B radiation (UVB) are the most harmful UV rays that are emitted by the sun. These rays are absorbed in the stratospheric ozone layer, which is being threatened. Everytime that our ozone is depleting by 1%, 2% of UVB reaches the earth’s surface. Which means that the more destruction there is to the ozone layer the more UVB rays reach our bodies. This causes damage of DNA in the skin and mucous membrane which causes genetic mutations that could lead to skin cancer, cataracts and other eye conditions, and premature skin aging. The exposure of UV rays can also cause the weakening of our immune systems and reducing the ability of our bodies to fight off skin cancer and other diseases.

So lather up on your Coppertone or Banna Boat, and protect yourself from these UVB rays and more importantly skin cancer.

Sponsored Links
I notice some of today's newspapers are carrying articles about scientists predicting we are entering an Ice Age!!

Global warming is no more!

They'll say anything to sell a paper. The Jet Stream is too far south - that's what's causing our weather problems.

A lady walked into a bar and there were no seats available, except for one at a table that was occupied by a man, and she decides to take it.

He said, "Hello, my name is Jim Snow, what's yours?"

The lady replied, "June."

She went to get a drink and Jim Snow sat there smiling at her. When she came back he still sat there smiling.

June was a little embarrassed, so she bashfully said, "Why are you smiling at me like that?"

Jim answered, "Well, I'm just imagining having 6 inches of Snow in June!"

They'll say anything to sell a paper. The Jet Stream is too far south - that's what's causing our weather problems.

:idea: Maybe the start of the Ice Age is pushing the jet stream further south, and eventually eroding it away altogether? :idea:

:idea: Maybe the 'experts' read theses forums before annoucing their own theories? !! Perhaps we inspire them :!:

Why are the ice caps melting at a phenomenal rate if we are in an Ice Age?

Its all part of the development of the Ice Age, as the ice is pushed further south the leading edge melts as it hits the warmer climate, but like marching ants it will keep pushing forward until eventually overcoming the warmer temperatures. Its like peeing on a large block of ice, the pee melts some ice, but eventually it all freezes over.

The Ice Age is approaching. :!:

If the ice cap is warming and melting, and the temperature of the world is rising - then what you say isn't possible. Cold is the absence of heat - we have the heat to warm the cold. No Ice Age is coming.

Sponsored Links
Back