Snow in late March

Sponsored Links
FWIW, the chief scientist from the Met Office was on R5L earlier, being quizzed about a Freedom of Information request.
Basically, the inter-governmental long range prediction for last spring / early "summer".
She admitted herself that the Met Office "predicted" that "April 2012 could be drier than normal, or it could be wetter than normal".
Can I get a job like that?
Oh, and I wouldn't break out the BBQs just yet - this May-June might be "normal", she authoritatively reported to finish the slot. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Apparently a comet named PanSTARRS can be seen in the night time sky for the next few nights

According to the 'experts' it will not be visible for another 100,000 years. Another claim by scientists that cannot be substantiated!! :LOL:

That's the great thing about the climate change thing - there is no"control" experiment. Just accept what "the scientists" say.

I am all for not wasting resources, and not basically vandalising the planet. And if climate change is what it takes, so be it.
But, I don't reckon the vast majority of the world's population give a toss, and I am not convinced by the science.
But I'll to not by what I don't need, turn the heating down, and recycle. Not sure how that stacks up against 20 million extra cars per year in India, but hey ho.....

On climate change, the scientists are constantly going on about their 'computer models' and how they show - presumably by extrapolation - that the earth is warming.

But surely computers are only as good as the programmes installed on them. And programs are written by scientists who are out to prove that man-made climate change is a fact.

On climate change, the scientists are constantly going on about their 'computer models' and how they show - presumably by extrapolation - that the earth is warming

No, the scientists show the earth is warming by measuring its temperature.

Even the politicians who don't believe man is the major cause of the warming accept the earth is warming up. They just blame something else.

On climate change, the scientists are constantly going on about their 'computer models' and how they show - presumably by extrapolation - that the earth is warming

Even the politicians who don't believe man is the major cause of the warming accept the earth is warming up. They just blame something else.

I think 'the point' has been missed yet again. Never mind!

I see. So i'm a scientist, and I record the temperatures at a certain place;

let's say in

1990 = 15 deg.
2000 = 16 deg.
2010 = 17 deg.

That means the temperature in 2100 will be 26 deg.

You cannot extrapolate something as variable as climate, and anyone who claims to have found a pattern is deluding themselves.
As with financial investments, past performanceis no guide to the future.

Sponsored Links
Back