so called tradesmen recommendation services

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently i have been approached by numerous amounts of the services and am outraged at what they get away with they charge a small fortune and offer very little in return what do my fellow roofers and diy's think about these sites

Sponsored Links
These tradesmen-services are the equivalent of the professional bodies such as Law Society and RIBA; they exist only for the tradesmen/professionals and are not interested in the consumer.
As long as you pay your subscription, that's fine as far as they are concerned.

If you mean check a trade, rated people etc then some swear by them some dont!

If on the other hand you are talking about trade bodies such as NFRC they are self serving but necessary imo.

clicky.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replies i've been with nfrc and corc in the past didnt get work from them just gives you accreditation.
check atrade rated amongst others give u work leads but charge you for each of the just to quote aswell as a sign up fee it seems its just a scam and homeowners don't even realise effectivly that there details are been sold numerous amounts of times

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back