So how much will a new Combi system cost then?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well my hamster driven 20 yr old Glow-warm boiler downstairs is on the way out :(

To make it worse, the water tank in the loft is leaking very slowly (1 drip a week) and its starting to show through the ceiling wallpaper.

I live in a 2 bed semi with 5 rads. Big one in the lounge, medium in kitchen and bed and small in bathroom and spare room.

The rads in the kitchen and bathroom are of the new double convection type so really i only need 3 rads. One big and 2 medium.

I want a normal gas combi at least 100,000BTU's as i work in the cold outdoors so want the shower to put a hole in my back when i shower :eek:

So how much would i expect to pay for what i need? I would like a hot pipe routed into the bathroom so i can change the crappy electric shower to a mixer shower. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance... Matt :)

Sponsored Links
Depending on the make you choose about £1000 to £1900 inclusive!

How much does it cost to buy a new car?

Tony Glazier

From the info we have I would assume Mw wants to ditch his conventional system with HW cylinder and replace the boiler with a combi, which may well be in a different place. Also his system will probably need powerflushing.
I very much doubt anyone suitable qualified would do that even with a "shed" combi, for £1000.
A cowboy mighth throw something in, true.

Chris, this is Brum!

Down the road in Cov a local CORGI firm advertises a combi system for £1700 including British boiler and seven rads!

Mind you wages are a bit lower that leafy Surbiton!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Where do you get your prices from, just done a combi swop same position and Ideal Isar HE30, supplied and fitted CM67 £1895.00, do you all live in cardboard boxes, I dont know if you realise but since aprill 2002 WE have had to do mountains of extra work plus condensate runs DHE city and guilds blah blah, are you all doing it for free or are you that well off you are soaking up the extra costs or am I the only one complying with with benchmark GWN waste carriers licence blah fekin blah blah.
Plumbing and gas fitting will lose it's good guys as the only ones left will be cowboys and idiots, for feks sake get your prices sorted, I reckon it's gonna cost me £5000.00 next year for ACS Part P ect ect, where do you think it comes from ????????????????//

The going price in the Asian network in Southall for a combi swap by an RGI is £200 - £300 to fit a boiler supplied by the landlord.

That does not include a power flush or any chemical treatment or inhibitor but they often fit a line filter on the return instead.

For a non RGi its less !!!

I once saw a benchmark very fully completed with all the temps clearly measured with a digi thermometer! Only problem was that as he was not registered he could not show his name or address!

Tony

I think you'll find the £1700 combi + 7 deal wnywhere. But the price soon shoots up when there's any sort of complication, like removing an old boiler/cyl or putting in much of a gas line.

If someone wants say a Worcs Junior 28i that's £800 trade, and a powerflush done vaguely competently would be £200.
Plus pipe, valves etc - and the labour.

£1000 would be for a very cheap job and I don't think it helps to be told that's a reasonable figure without qualification.

Nice one PVM.......well I`m one idiot who`s out of the game, and enjoying early retirement:cool: :LOL: :LOL: One less to worry about.

I had a W-Bosch condensing combi fitted last year, the job involved removing the old boiler, removing the cold water tank from the loft, removing the immersion tank, flush the radiators, inhibitor in heating system and moving and making good the vent for the flue (and of course, fitting the new boiler).

This cost me £2,800, the boiler was about £1200 judging by prices on the internet. Reading some of the prices on here makes me think I have been overcharged but I got three quotes, Thames Water quoted £3,500, I can't remember exactly what British Gas quoted but it looked like a phone number. The work was done by independents and they were very tidy.

dg123 said:
I had a W-Bosch condensing combi fitted last year, the job involved removing the old boiler, removing the cold water tank from the loft, removing the immersion tank, flush the radiators, inhibitor in heating system and moving and making good the vent for the flue (and of course, fitting the new boiler).

This cost me £2,800, the boiler was about £1200 judging by prices on the internet. Reading some of the prices on here makes me think I have been overcharged but I got three quotes, Thames Water quoted £3,500, I can't remember exactly what British Gas quoted but it looked like a phone number. The work was done by independents and they were very tidy.

You had a conversion done and I wouldn't have thought that you were overcharged - it's a lot of work!

£2800.00 was a fair price for what you had done, thank goodness somebody is doing things properly.

I cought a glimpse of the British Gas quote for a job I have to estimate. Basically it's a new system in a two bed house with basement to be heated. Steamer combi in bathroom. BG quote 6 geez.

Not sure I even want the job, I'm in no hurry to estimate, BG the fools have agreed to fit the boiler in zone 2. I'd rather put it in an outhouse, which I'll probably hold to my guns over or they can pay the 6 g's.

Haven't yet fathomed how BG can justify that much for 6 rads a towel rail and a boiler.

Thanks for the replies (well the proper ones)

My budget is £1500 to 2k so now i have some idea of what to expect.

Matt :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back