So how much will a new Combi system cost then?

BG justify it cos they have the cash to sue the arse of anyone who says they are a rip off

When was the last time you see BG on Rogue Traders even though they condem boilers for very weak reasons, ie "we cannot source the parts anymore" etc..

Also They charged the client the earth and pay the installer a pittance to do it, nice mark up lads.

Sponsored Links
PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
£2800.00 was a fair price for what you had done, thank goodness somebody is doing things properly.

Thanks for the replies (PVM, CM & AB). I am reassured and glad I didn't go for one of the big companies. I would rather pay local tradesmen than a faceless corporation.

Paul Barker said:
I cought a glimpse of the British Gas quote for a job I have to estimate. Basically it's a new system in a two bed house with basement to be heated. Steamer combi in bathroom. BG quote 6 geez.

Not sure I even want the job, I'm in no hurry to estimate, BG the fools have agreed to fit the boiler in zone 2. I'd rather put it in an outhouse, which I'll probably hold to my guns over or they can pay the 6 g's.

Haven't yet fathomed how BG can justify that much for 6 rads a towel rail and a boiler.

lol if your going in against BG you really don't need to worry if you have any kind of recommendation, actually you don't need to worry anyway as long as your not trying to rip the people off. what are the fitters on now anyway? a straight % cut or a fixed rate for every job they get in?

Sponsored Links
Most installations in London seem to be done by subcontractors on an hourly rate of about £25-£30. But the number of hours is based on the estimators figure.

Many subcontractors say its steady work without any hassle of finding work or non payers. Those who have employees doing the actual work say its quite profitable if you have three teams on the go.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back