So sad

I'm so glad you posted that, now we all know what your views are & I for one haven't the slightest intention of indulging you :sick:
So it's 'your way or the highway' then?

But maybe you could tell us this without 'indulging me'...

Do you prefer to have to think of a departed relative or friend at the specific time of their funeral?

Or do you prefer to think of them when a random thought/memory of them happens to appear in your mind?

Sponsored Links
Supermarkets support the 2 minutes silence - everybody just stops, it goes quiet -it is a powerful message.
It's a corporate decision in order to 'look good'...

After that token gesture it's push consumerism as usual! ;)

I took an elderly ex-service lady to a rural war memorial yesterday as both of us to wanted observe the two minutes silence away from the crowds. The memorial is situated on a grass island at the junction of two fairly busy B roads & during this period of silence & reflection a good few road users, in both cars & on bicycles, drove past apparently totally disinterested in showing any respect.
Why is it that so many people cannot spare two minutes out of a whole year? I am undecided whether to feel anger or sorrow for them.

Watching the footage of the Cenotaph parade on the evening news partially restored my faith in human nature.

Education. Education. Education.

There are so many distractions in todays world it's hard to get the message across.

I do think the indulgence of the self has corroded our sense of civic duty and society. Our children are a product of our surroundings.

Do you wish that the entire country grinds to a halt?

The entire country would have more than ground to a halt if it weren’t for those that laid down their lives for us. They died so that an objectionable **** like you could freely voice your distaste against everything British. I don’t know about you being a different generation, I think you are a different species.

Sponsored Links
The entire country would have more than ground to a halt if it weren’t for those that laid down their lives for us. They died so that an objectionable **** like you could freely voice your distaste against everything British. I don’t know about you being a different generation, I think you are a different species.
Do you have to get so personal and childish?

I think, going by your photo, that we are roughly the same age. So not a different generation and yet I don't agree with you. While you are correct, we owe everything to those brave men, we shouldn't be told what to do, what to think, when to do it and how to do it.

After all, it's that sort of tyranny that those brave men fought against. We are free to do what we see fit and to think of those men how we want. Thankfully.

Do you have to get so personal and childish?

I think, going by your photo, that we are roughly the same age. So not a different generation and yet I don't agree with you. While you are correct, we owe everything to those brave men, we shouldn't be told what to do, what to think, when to do it and how to do it.

After all, it's that sort of tyranny that those brave men fought against. We are free to do what we see fit and to think of those men how we want. Thankfully.
Mottie it appears knows no other way of expressing himself...

He sadly appears to be a sad old individual who doesn't understand that his brand of 'nationalism' isn't shared by all...

And it obviously goes way over his head that the idea of the compliance he seems to demand was the trait of those in power against whom previous generations of our men (and women) were fighting in WWII!

Do you wish that the entire country grinds to a halt?
Ellal complains the country will grind to a halt due to a 2 minute silence, yet he stops work to post a message on here.

Its 2 minutes you old misery :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This hits the nail on the head.

uyd9sgrai9y31.jpg

I'm so glad you posted that, now we all know what your views are & I for one haven't the slightest intention of indulging you :sick:

Ellal and a few others on here are driven by a hatred of Britain, its people and its history. They are our enemy and there are millions like them. Do not indulge him / them and their sly ways under any circumstances

Ellal and a few others on here are driven by a hatred of Britain, its people and its history. They are our enemy and there are millions like them. Do not indulge him / them and their sly ways under any circumstances
Good grief, paranoid much?!!

Sponsored Links
Back