So, should we be worried about this ISP download crackdown?

I had a proxy script on my website but I removed it for a few reasons but I have uploaded it again, if I use this to go to bit torrent sites would I be identified?

For reference the script is www.vidripscript.com/proxy

Sponsored Links
The newsgroups are the best places for 'stuff' so I'm told.

Bit of a falderal but well worth the effort I believe ;)

File storage sites are the way to go. Rapidshare and Megashare etc. You have to find a site that spreads the sharing information, but that is only a google away. Most of the sharing community are doing it this way now and it will probably be a few years before anyone trys to tackle this method.

Proxies and anonimizers dont work with P2P. The computers IP has to be 'out there' for the sharing to work. If another computer can send you the data, then you can be found.

The best advice however is to buy or rent the music or films. I have musicians and artists in my group of family and freinds, and the whole piracy thing does affect how they plan out their future.

grrinc said:
The best advice however is to buy or rent the music or films.

I agree, though I would add "or borrow" to the list. ;) ;) ;) The way to break the chain through cyberspace is to put the information onto a physical medium and take it to another computer.

Some DVDs are so cheap it's not worth the effort of making a copy. I'm planning to transfer my old videos onto DVDs but when I see the DVD for £3 I just buy it. For reasons I don't quite understand, CDs tend to cost more but they can still be found quite cheap.

PS: Don't forget internet radio. The data stream is intended to go straight to your sound card but I think I'm right in saying that nobody can detect the fact that it's going onto your hard disk instead. :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
There are degrees of IP visibility Holmslaw and it depends what you are trying to achive as to how successful you'll be.

If you want to mask your identity from the authorities (for example) forget it ... It can't be done whilst you are a subscriber to a UK ISP.

If you want to access sites which your employer (for example) may have restricted such as media sites and high usage sites (facebook, eBay etc.) then this will work okay until your employer also bars the proxy addresses ... And your work policies may prohit the activity or the installation of software (or both) and you may, therefore, get fired ;)

Just a heads up really.

Enjoy the semi-transparency :LOL:

MW

Enjoy the semi-transparency :LOL:

MW

Yes, I realise that you can never completely hide your ip address. But I'm thinking along the lines of, as ultrasurf generates different ip addresses each time you connect it could be useful when using torrent sites ie anyone scanning for ip addresses would dismiss the single occurance of an ip address as not worth pursuing.

Since my last message, I have also been thinking that this system was originally designed to allow unhindered internet access to the chinese. But as it is based in the usa and probably has some sort of government involvement it is also quite likely that any non chinese ip addresses could be flagged up as someone doing something that does not meeet with usa (also uk) government approval.

Its a hard life

Sponsored Links
Back