So what's classed as essential?

Sponsored Links
Never mind, you can be on here all day long.

Andy
I was thinking how much busier it is here at the mo, lots of bored people stuck at home :)

I wish I'd bought paint. Could've done some decorating!

Sponsored Links
24 Hour Branch Closure Gibbs & Dandy

Dear Customer,

Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday evening [23rd March] we have taken the decision to close all Gibbs & Dandy branches.

This closure will be in effect for 24 hours on Tuesday 24th March while we seek urgent clarification from the UK Government about how we can operate our business within the Government guidelines. We believe this is in the best interests of the health and wellbeing of our colleagues, customers and the country.

Hey Bodd are you still working?

People will still need boiler breakdowns and leaks sorted

Hello Notch

I'm in a pickle I will go out to emergencies but I think I'm on the endangered species list. But not received a text or a letter as yet. So I will until I hear officially.
But keeping myself busy and enjoying the sun.

Thanks for asking.

I believe they can remain open but they can decide not to and just go to delivers.

Screwfix remains open but only for click and collect where you provide your car reg as well so they bring out to your vehicle.

I didn't read the screwfix like that - more current click and collect ok past that home delivery. You'd hope they have plenty of masks and face protection available.

Essential is relative to the situation.
If uou are trying to decorate a nursery before the imminent arrival of a new born baby and run out of wallpaper paste, (you bought enough but the dog knocked your bucket over), then you may think it is essential to go out and get some more. So you need to stop and ask yourself a few questions;
1/ Will the baby suffer, emotionally, physically, Psychologically etc if the job is not finished? No
2/ Will it alter the state of the world if I don't finish? No
3/ Will it stop the baby getting the virus? No

So based on this simple check it is not essential to rush out and get more paste. However, there are idiots who would deem it essential just so they could finish the job.
They would then rush out and buy the last 6 packets of paste , just in case, the dog knocks the bucket over again.

Sponsored Links
Back