so whats the average charge to install a boiler

Matty your experience has nothing to do with price and more to do with being unlucky and getting a to55er to do the job.

Time taken is irrelavant some of us can work fast and dont fanny around having cups of tea and lunch breaks and can do two things at once others stand and look and scratch their a55 then their heads then their a55 again before actually doing anything.
The 3 quote thing may work but the best way is family friends recommendation then you can see what work has been done and how the guy treated them during and afterwards

Sponsored Links
Matty your experience has nothing to do with price and more to do with being unlucky and getting a to55er to do the job.

Time taken is irrelavant some of us can work fast and dont **** around having cups of tea and lunch breaks and can do two things at once others stand and look and scratch their a55 then their heads then their a55 again before actually doing anything.
The 3 quote thing may work but the best way is family friends recommendation then you can see what work has been done and how the guy treated them during and afterwards

LOL, yes family and friends. As it happens i was recommended a plumber from someone i was with over christmas but he has issues he thought was normal which i pointed out there not. (lack of water flow through his boiler for instance) Im still waiting to see the out come of his situation when the plumber returns

Every day i work with different trades and for some reason im still yet to find a plumber in the birmingham area that i would let work in my house.

When im working away from home i do meet a few good plumbers but its to far for them to travel to me.

So what do i do apart from try my pot luck with the yellow pages.

Prices ? ball park figures ?? ect ect you are on the wrong forum !! this is not what this forum is for !
Says who?

(Hint: The Forum Rules specifically mention that job pricing should not necessarilly be relied upon hence there's a direct implication that they are considered on-topic)

A straightforward similar for similar combi changeover and a powerflush on a small system can easily be done in a day by one person, if all is straightforward. They would want at least £300 labour for that, if not 5 or 6 hundred quid.

Could easily run into the next day in many cases.

Might not be a good condensate access if on a high floor level and oild boiler was not a steamer.

Bricks around old flue hole might be all loose and take a day for mortar to set properly.

New gas line often required from meter - might involve all knds of circus tricks do correctly.

The list goes on.

Both £ 300 and £ 1500 might be a good labour cost, depending on many factors. And if its Christmas and the GasSafe geezer is fundamentally, secretly wishing for a break from his tools, he might quote triple the price in an unsuccessful attempt to put the customer off!!

Sponsored Links
I do hope that you will agree that all the answers that I give are polite and to the point and not stupid like many that you have received.

There is the same amount of work to be done regardless of the make of boiler. Thats why my charge would still be £840 regardless of a Viessmann or a £400 Heatline.

I dont rush jobs and do whatever I think is necessary. I have to say that most of the poor quality jobs I see are those done in one day and they virtually NEVER complete the Benchmark Certificate or notify to building control!

It seems from many of the posts on here that many installers fit boilers and then make themselves unavailable over Christmas, some presumably returning to their third world home countries for a long break.

In contrast, I make myself available as far as possible to answer calls from customers.

Tony

superman.jpg

I do hope that you will agree that all the answers that I give are polite and to the point and not stupid like many that you have received.

There is the same amount of work to be done regardless of the make of boiler. Thats why my charge would still be £840 regardless of a Viessmann or a £400 Heatline.

I dont rush jobs and do whatever I think is necessary. I have to say that most of the poor quality jobs I see are those done in one day and they virtually NEVER complete the Benchmark Certificate or notify to building control!

It seems from many of the posts on here that many installers fit boilers and then make themselves unavailable over Christmas, some presumably returning to their third world home countries for a long break.

In contrast, I make myself available as far as possible to answer calls from customers.

Tony

You keep saying this Tony, are you feeling insecure or something, what are you after. a medal, pat on the back or a round of applause, you seem quick to to make derogatory remarks about installers you don't know and have never met, what gives you the right to do this

Are you saying that installers should never take any time off in case a customer has a problem, thats just stupid, I personally work to live, I do not Live to Work, get a life Tony

Silverback . Agile cant fit a life in he is too busy taking 3 days to do a change over ,
I wonder how long a standard full system of 8 rads and 90 meters of pipe would take him ,probably would not hear from him for a month. :rolleyes:

No two jobs are the same
No two installers will price the same
No two installers will work at the same speed
Boiler location? Easy? Differcult?
Then there’s the area you live. Easy access? Parking permits? Etc, etc.

Do what everyone’s been saying, get your quotes in and decide from there.

I don’t even give “ball park” figures on a job Ive just looked at.

And some of us are genuinely poorly :( , with all the good will in the world, you cant go out to work for anyone

Tony

And what exactly do you mean by this?

Mr. W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back