Why is gas boiler installation so costly?

I never said everyone was rough I gave my opinion it seems others don't agree and that's fine

Namsag I still think you are an absolute tool

Sponsored Links
Delta T

No body is arguing that some thing cannot be done in a day :) but some choose not to do any boiler swap in a day !

Been there , seen it & done it !

1 bloke , 2 days !

Install team ?? 2 blokes I day = 2 day thay are probably only payed a pittance any way , trackers on your vans ect if they do not get out in a day they probably get docked money , doubt they know what a dust pan & brush is let alone MR sheen :) smash , bang , wallop

It's social housing mate, our lads need to clean their feet coming OUT the front door. Some of these houses you need a gas mask to work in, how the other half live eh!!........F.cking soap dodgers.

Regardless, the HA COW always checks over the work every day, so of course we use dust sheets & clean up any mess WE make.

We treat our time-served Artisans very well, the young two man squads make a fortune every week, it's all done on piece work. Most have served their time with the company, so they know the score.

But hey, you 'washer changers' take your time, fa.ny about if you like, but we'll always beat you on price & get the work......... :LOL: :LOL:

thats fair enough Delta , mind u that tap washer remark was a bit harsh :) :D

But hey, you 'washer changers' take your time, fa.ny about if you like, but we'll always beat you on price & get the work.........

DELTA

thats not much of a statement to make , theres loads out there beating people on price and basically killing the industry. However if your making money then fair enough.

Are you based in the north east by the way ??

Sponsored Links
gas85 I`m so hurt , yep tool why? because i picked you up on the sh#te you where insinuating about guys you have never had any contact with.
Try learning how to use your tools and you may get up to speed that others find a comfortable working pace.
Boy trying to run before he can walk :rolleyes:

gas85 I`m so hurt , yep tool why? because i picked you up on the sh#te you where insinuating about guys you have never had any contact with.
Try learning how to use your tools and you may get up to speed that others find a comfortable working pace.
Boy trying to run before he can walk :rolleyes:

See complete tool
Your judging me and u havnt met me

No need to have met you your postings on this topic have summed you up as someone who didnt read what was being spoke about and even in the CC you are still bleating for forgiveness and mention rad valves and control etc etc .
You jumped in with both feet with an ego well above your capabilities dont forget i see your basic posts in the CC and may even have given you advice in there.

Now pick up your dummy and put your toys back in the pram.
Get your mummy to wash the dummy first .

Way I see it

As the cc is a private forum than what some one posts in the CC should remain in there !

No need to have met you your postings on this topic have summed you up as someone who didnt read what was being spoke about and even in the CC you are still bleating for forgiveness and mention rad valves and control etc etc .
You jumped in with both feet with an ego well above your capabilities dont forget i see your basic posts in the CC and may even have given you advice in there.

Now pick up your dummy and put your toys back in the pram.
Get your mummy to wash the dummy first .

For someone who claims to be experienced you really should grow up mate from the very beginning I gave my opinion and you just had a dig and got your spoon out for a big stir

I'm not begging for forgiveness I'm explaining myself

I'm pretty sure everyone has asked basic questions from time to time mate.

I'm done with you now maybe you should try spending some time with your family rather than trying to be an Internet bully

Internet bully eh far from it because i didnt allow you to get away with talking sh'te.
As for spending time on the net at your age i wasn`t even in from a friday night humping session so get a life son while your still young.

Do you actually have a gassafe number ? or just getting pulled along on your dads ?.

Transam why should it stay there i used to pish myself laughing when people would run back into the CC having a dig at me when they where too stupid to realise i had access to that too so its 6 of one half a dozen of the other

Internet bully eh far from it because i didnt allow you to get away with talking sh'te.
As for spending time on the net at your age i wasn`t even in from a friday night humping session so get a life son while your still

Been there done it and moved on

At no point was I talking ****e

Why does it really matter if one person does it all in a day and someone else does it over 2 days? As long as both jobs are done correctly and satisfies all regs then what's the problem. Personally i'd only get it done in a day if we were mega busy and had no choice but to get it done in a day. Whats the point in working like a bitch just for the sake of saving a few hours on installation time. Unless your really lucky and all the pipe work is already in place and little alteration is needed, the condensate route is simple and there isn't much bricking up to do, your looking at very long day to get it in in a day. Why work like that all the time? You need to look after your back & knees in this job!

Some may disagree, but my preference is over 2 days. Get the boiler on and working on the first day, give it a hot flush over night then drain down & inhibitor the next day. Then finish off all the bits like bricking up e.t.c and complete all the paperwork the next day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back