so whats the average charge to install a boiler

You keep saying this Tony, are you feeling insecure or something, what are you after. a medal, pat on the back or a round of applause, you seem quick to to make derogatory remarks about installers you don't know and have never met, what gives you the right to do this

Are you saying that installers should never take any time off in case a customer has a problem, thats just stupid, I personally work to live, I do not Live to Work, get a life Tony[/quote] :LOL: Handbags @ dawn :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think that any responsible boiler installer will ensure that if he is ill or treking in Nepal then he will arrange suitable alternate cover for his customers.

Thats what I would do and I provide emergency cover for other installers when they are away.

Tony

I think that any responsible boiler installer will ensure that if he is ill or treking in Nepal then he will arrange suitable alternate cover for his customers.

Thats what I would do and I provide emergency cover for other installers when they are away.

Tony

That is the point Tony, YOU provide emergency cover, most installers do not do emergency cover work, only installs, I personally do not do emergency work and I am not giving my customers details to other installers in the area

Just looked up Tenzing Norgay on the GasSafe Register, but there's no record to be found...!

Sponsored Links
That`s something I overheard in a Gent`s in Brighton ...... " I`m not tensing - nor gay" :mrgreen:

Tony

I asked my farrier if he had someone to cover for him if I had a problem when he told me he was going away, he said very abruptly NO, end of.

Why should we be any different, does your local shop open up after hours just for you if you run out of fags or larger, does your garage open up out of hours if you run out of Diesel, does Parts Center open up xmas day just for you, does your Main dealer for your BMW Merc Audi open up just for you out of hours if your £25,000 car packs up? yea thought not, but you will go out to fix their poxy £450.00 boiler which they got you to fit for peanuts cause they got it off Ebay, can anyone see whats wrong with this picture children ?

i was very surprised on monday to arrive at a job in cheshire (yes i worked boxing day and am booked up all this week ) to find a system boiler fitted by a builder ( and his plumbers) boiler wasn't commissioned and he had no heating from christmas eve on his underfloor heating! they are coming back on 4th jan to commission

The engineer told him upon leaving that it could take 24 hrs for the heat to come through everything was ok! The customer got an answerphone message from the builder/plumbers that they were unavailable until 4th jan!

Pump wrong way round, leaks...job was a disgrace! All sorted now but this customer should not have been left like this. He had to pay me quite a sum to finish his job off! Very wromg in my book!

Totally agree with you agile!

boilerdoktor

Thats not the same, your job was a job that was not properly finished, we are talking about boilers that are installed correctly that may develop a fault while you are unavailiable.

Alot of people having a go at AGILE here.

Personally i think he really is going the extra mile to give a spot on service. Even when he goes away he will have a back up plumber to help out.

I wish there was more people like him near me. From what i have read he seems a really honest chap that would go out of his way to help one of his customers.

If only i could find a plumber near me that would offer the service Agile offers.

Alot of people having a go at AGILE here.

Personally i think he really is going the extra mile to give a spot on service. Even when he goes away he will have a back up plumber to help out.

I wish there was more people like him near me. From what i have read he seems a really honest chap that would go out of his way to help one of his customers.

If only i could find a plumber near me that would offer the service Agile offers.[/quote]

you were having a go at him earlier for charging for caaling out, and the client declining his quote for further work. You seemed to think the 1st visit should be free advice.

Personally, over the Xmas hols, I provide a mobile no for EMERGENCIES only, in relation to MY work. When I go on holiday I leave in a message for clients in an EMERGENCY , details to contact another friendly plumber. It is extremely rare in either case for the service to be utilised. No way would I call out on XMAS or Boxing day to a rivals cock up.

well done you for now being totally responsible for someone else's illegal install, lets hope the flue has been fitted correctly, or a gas joint doesn't leak in the next few years taking out the side of the house, "you" were last to it.

I have just done all my exams "again" last week, and we were all told categorically by the assessor that we "cant" sign off someone else's "illegal" installation.

well done you for now being totally responsible for someone else's illegal install, lets hope the flue has been fitted correctly, or a gas joint doesn't leak in the next few years taking out the side of the house, "you" were last to it.

I have just done all my exams "again" last week, and we were all told categorically by the assessor that we "cant" sign off someone else's "illegal" installation.

If this comment is aimed at me

1) the plumber is apparently gas safe reg
2) The reason i was called was the plumber is not available until jan 4th
3) Everything in respect of gas/flue perfect
4) fact is a week before christmas they get the system up and running albeit it didn't work.
5)they returned a few times up till christmas eve..still not working

My point being they are coming back to sort it but only on 4th jan thats why cust paid me. He couldnt wait all that time with no heating and h/w. that is what i am saying-disgracefull treatment of customer. If he was my custard i would have been back boxing day and the day after that till it was fully functional.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back