so whats the average charge to install a boiler

Surely asking for an average price allows for the fact that some installs are more complicated than others?

And surely an Engineer with a bit of experience could say "the most I've ever had to charge is £x, usually closer to £y"

Sponsored Links
the main reason why i asked for a average price is so that i know that if i have 2 quotes at say £300 and 1 quote at say £800 i now know that i need to worry about the cheaper quotes

From what i can work out from the people who gave a helpfull answer is that i should be expecting to pay around the £700- £1000 mark.

I still cant work out if this a day job or a 3 day job tho due to so many people giving stupid replies to a simply question. So do i go with the plumber who says it will take one day or the plumber who says it will take him 3 days maybe? I dont know.

its impossible to do a proper boiler swap in 1 day it takes 5 hours to flush a normal sized heating system.

one for one combi inc flush & paperwork 2 days.

most gas engineers only work on price anyway i dont know any that works on a day rate.

Read the waranty conditions for your new boiler VERY CAREFULLY most wont honour a guarantee if the system has not be Powerflushed withg a certificate has a magnetic particle filter fitted to the heating return, will not honour problems associated with limescale if a suitable scale reducer is not fitted ..... all of these things are the very items that a one day merchant will omit from the job ... so look very carefully at what you are getting for your cash ask for a written work schedule with your quotation!! ;)

Sponsored Links
This is not a pricing forum , why don't we all advertise on here ? we can than all compete on prices , is that what some would like this forum to turn into ?

If you want a price get a quote or estimate via normal channels , contact an installer direct ? find a relevant web site ?

Read the waranty conditions for your new boiler VERY CAREFULLY most wont honour a guarantee if the system has not be Powerflushed withg a certificate has a magnetic particle filter fitted to the heating return, will not honour problems associated with limescale if a suitable scale reducer is not fitted ..... all of these things are the very items that a one day merchant will omit from the job ... so look very carefully at what you are getting for your cash ask for a written work schedule with your quotation!! ;)

Why would you powerflush a system that does not require one, if the system is relatively clean why would you powerflush it.

Manufacturers dont as for a power flush let alone a certificate they dont ask for a magnetic filter some ask for a scale reducer.and inhibitor
What they ask for is the system to be cold and hot flushed and left to a certain stand which can be achieved without power flushing.

OP WHY would you worry about about cheaper quotes dear does not mean good as cheap does not mean shoddy

Manufacturers dont as for a power flush let alone a certificate they dont ask for a magnetic filter some ask for a scale preventor.
What they ask for is the system to be cold and hot flushed and left to a certain stand which can be achieved without power flushing.

OP WHY would you worry about about cheaper quotes dear does not mean good as cheap does not mean shoddy

Because i have been called a fool for paying £1000 including boiler (boiler was under £400 so works out over £600 in labour)

Im a fool because i payed to little and what did i expect?

I have been called stupid because i ask if it will be fitted in 1 day? the last guy was here less than 1 day, however he never finished the job but was left fully working just missing the flushing

i think its luck if someone gives you a sensible answer on here.

The sensible answer to the OP is get 3 quotes chat to the guys when they are on site, then assess which quote and who came accross more proffessional from your conversations , then make your own informed decision,

why do people expect to get advice on here from people they don't know, how can anyone guess a price without seeing the job, what makes you think anyone on here will give you the correct answer, or are you looking for an answer that suits you best

may i enquire as to which which boiler you got for under £400??

Yes a heatline mate.

It was what was recommended to me by the chap installing the boiler.

I dont understand this forum. You all take the pee and call people fools etc when they ask for advice and when people come on here with a issue you then pick on them for not doing research etc.

Just get 3 quotes before work is started, chat with the installers, ask questions about the quote if you are unsure, I do not understand how you think that by asking on here how much should it cost, you will get the perfect answer,

if you are not sure about the installer who you have actually met, why would you trust the opinion of posters on here who you have never met, to answer your question there is no average price, any installer needs to SEE the job to quote acurately

The reason why i ask on here is because there are a fair few of you so i can hopefully get a ball park figure of what to expect

It does seem tho that most of you just try and find something to moan about or make the answer difficult.

Not all of you as some of you have been a great help.

Prices ? ball park figures ?? ect ect you are on the wrong forum !! this is not what this forum is for !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back