Cost of replacing old Baxi Solo boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

We have moved into our new home and have a 21 year old Baxi solo boiler. The boiler has a few issues and we are going to have it replaced. I had a quote done by British Gas to install a new 18ri greenstar boiler and this came in at £3600. I thought this was excessive for a like for like replacement.

Since having that quote done I have agreed for another company to quote me for an Intergas boiler and they will be quoting me shortly. I have also done my research and would like that company to install 10 x TRV4s at around £200 in total and a honeywell cm927 at around £200.

With these items in mind i would like to know a rough figure ( even to the nearest £500) as to how much it would cost a non British gas installer to do the job. I know british gas are usually a lot more expensive - I can estimate the parts costs roughly e.g intergas boiler around £800 but am unsure on labour. can i expect as low as £2500 so a full grand cheaper than BG? Am in west midlands if this helps in any way. cheers

Sponsored Links
You seek advice about money, not central heating. However some mug may give you an answer on that soon enough.

brilliant thanks very much for that.

In short how much roughly in labour can i expect for someone to replace a gas boiler including installing 10 trvs and doing the electrical bits with a programable room thermostat?

Doubt you'll get a proper job for £2500, but as Tobbot

It is impossible to give figures without seeing jobs in the flesh.

The missus is going to tesco's tomorrow - can you tell me how much she'll spend?

Sponsored Links
very confusing. Have seen numerous posts like mine on here asking how much to change a combi boiler like for like, next to no description just like me and yet they get helpful replies. They also got told that £2500 was about right so i dont understand how me coming along a few months later asking the same things just to refresh things and see if thats still the going rate ends up with these replies.

Much appreciated

very confusing. Have seen numerous posts like mine on here asking how much to change a combi boiler like for like, next to no description just like me and yet they get helpful replies. They also got told that £2500 was about right so i dont understand how me coming along a few months later asking the same things just to refresh things and see if thats still the going rate ends up with these replies.

Much appreciated

That's because different people give different replies.

It may surprise you to know but there is no nationalised opinion in this trade any more than there is a nationalised price list.

Hi guys,

We have moved into our new home and have a 21 year old Baxi solo boiler. The boiler has a few issues and we are going to have it replaced. I had a quote done by British Gas to install a new 18ri greenstar boiler and this came in at £3600. I thought this was excessive for a like for like replacement.

Since having that quote done I have agreed for another company to quote me for an Intergas boiler and they will be quoting me shortly. I have also done my research and would like that company to install 10 x TRV4s at around £200 in total and a honeywell cm927 at around £200.

With these items in mind i would like to know a rough figure ( even to the nearest £500) as to how much it would cost a non British gas installer to do the job. I know british gas are usually a lot more expensive - I can estimate the parts costs roughly e.g intergas boiler around £800 but am unsure on labour. can i expect as low as £2500 so a full grand cheaper than BG? Am in west midlands if this helps in any way. cheers

I don't think anyone is being funny.

You have said that someone is quoting for the job that you want doing. It would be foolish for anyone to give a "rough" price without viewing the job

You will get a definite figure from them from what they see and what the job entails.

If you are already distrusting them before they quote then ask yourself why you have rang them and offered them to quote in the first instance.

As a "rough" guideline I'd say it was within about £500 +/- what you thought it would be to get a decent job with decent aftersales/install and the least disruption to you and your household.

I would charge £740 to fit a new heat only Intergas if everything else was perfect.

Then Drayton TRV4s supply and fit for £60 plus £35 each and lockshields £15 each.

How is that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back