British Gas have quoted to replace our 25 year old boiler!

Go for it, check the small print and see about getting a service contract at the best possible price too. :idea: There`s more to go wrong with modern boilers .But they are a lot more economical to run.

Sponsored Links
The house only heats up when the boiler is set to 5 Maximum and 25C on the thermostat!

So what is the reason for this? Are the rads undersized? Is there a problem with the system? Just slinging a new boiler at the wall is not necessarily going to cure this problem. I think you should ask a few more questions before agreeing to anything.

I also recommend that too.

Possibly through a local independent installer whom you feel comfortable with.

I dont see that price as anything special in the independent field. In most cases I would expect the total cost of a suitable boiler to be about £1400-£1600 if we were fitting one. We would also recommend TRVs fitted to most rads.

Depending on your circumstances, you might be entitled to assistance from Warmfront which gives grants to some people.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back