So when will the Met investigate the party?

make voting compulsory :confused::confused: Hmmmm

I dont vote

If its made compulsory would you be able to have an official "non vote" i.e you voted for no one and have it counted

Sponsored Links

I dont vote

If its made compulsory would you be able to have an official "non vote" i.e you voted for no one and have it counted

What would we do if everyone voted none of the above. Which I am sure would happen.

Sponsored Links
Australia has had compulsory voting for a century.

and typical of Australians, they’ve turned voting day into a party day and it’s on Saturday.

I dont vote

Two things are needed to make voting work:

1. Limit voting to tax payers only (you wouldn't necessarily have to be currently paying tax, but must have reached a certain level of contributions in your lifetime)

2. Make it compulsory that elected parties carry out their manifesto promises, and if they don't they are kicked out and a new election held.

264572496_4705091129552749_9051200439816921840_n.jpg

Attachments

• 264572496_4705091129552749_9051200439816921840_n.jpg
    264572496_4705091129552749_9051200439816921840_n.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 31
Because there is no good reason for it.

Therefore it would be authoritarian rather than beneficial for the people.

Let's unpack that. What are we trying to achieve? Governments that provide public goods and services and regulate markets to achieve the maximise welfare.

So how do we choose such Governments if people are put off by politics and do not participate?

What would be beneficial to the people then?

It's easy to think that people who disagree with you are uninformed. Maybe they just have a different point of view.

I have no desire to learn about politics. My lack of desire will not make me a burden on society and neither will it stop me reaching my full potential. Skiving Maths, science etc. may well reduce my earning capacity and therefore the amount of tax I pay to support essential services.

£350m for NHS, don't know how Government budgets work or non tariff barriers. I could go on.

Sir G. I shall ask again, what are you on about?

Or should that be what are you on? You are being all but incoherent today.

Let's 'unpack' this:
Let's unpack that. What are we trying to achieve?
I have no idea. Who is 'we'?

Governments that provide public goods and services and regulate markets to achieve the maximise welfare.
What?

So how do we choose such Governments if people are put off by politics and do not participate?
Which governments?
What difference does it make? They all do much the same. It's all run by the wealthy.

What would be beneficial to the people then?
In the context of this thread: not making voting compulsory nor compelling the people to do it and also not making it mandatory either.

£350m for NHS, don't know how Government budgets work or non tariff barriers. I could go on.
What?

Sir G. I shall ask again, what are you on about?

Or should that be what are you on? You are being all but incoherent today.

Let's 'unpack' this:

I have no idea. Who is 'we'?

What?

Which governments?
What difference does it make? They all do much the same. It's all run by the wealthy.

In the context of this thread: not making voting compulsory nor compelling the people to do it and also not making it mandatory either.

What?

It's quite simple, you made the point that compulsion in voting was not beneficial and have not provided any justification for it other than it's not what you would consider liberal democracies do and is authoritarian.

The point about voting is - we need an informed public.

As to my point re Motorbiking - its clear - how many of the public know about Government budgeting - how many times has it been explained on here - don't care compare it to your personal budgeting and how many times has it been claimed - "we have run out of money".

Maybe people made their mind up before the campaigns and based on other factors.
Racist and Xenophobic reasons perchance?

Or just going along with being told who the 'enemy' was because they were too dumb to realise the real enemy is home grown?

Either way, the UK is going down the pan and I bet at the next election the dumb ones will still anoint borisconi's feet with willing obedience! :(

Sponsored Links
Back