Soakaway Around An Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About a year ago we had an extension built to the back of our house. The ground around the outside of it has never been finished off and when it rains the water never really drains away, should i build some sort of soakaway to drain the water away? The ground has a large amount of clay in it which probably explains the poor drainage.

Sponsored Links
You could always try but a soakaway in clay may be overwhelmed during persistent heavy storms.

It would need to be 5m from any building and be a couple of cubic metres in volume.

How is the rainwater dealt with presently, i.e. the roof gutters etc?

The rainwater from the roof goes into guttering into a downpipe and straight into the drainage system. Thats not really the problem, its the water when it rains it just doesn,t seem to drain away into the ground, there is a lawn about 2 metres from the extension and it gets really boggy when it rains. I,m planning to put a block paved patio area from the extension to the lawn. Is the case of badly draining lawn area going to cause a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back