socket cable damaged by pin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
The chap that was installing my electric garage door has managed to hammer a cable clip nail into the wire running down to a double power socket. This of course tripped the MCB. When the nail was removed I was able to reset the MCB no problems. A small amount of plaster and the plastic conduit was removed from around the cable to inspect it. It is just a pin prick that can be seen. Question is, what to do now?
Does it need some kind of repair? If so what?
Thanks for your advice.
Rich

Sponsored Links
Will need testing, IR, even so piece of mind would have me replace that length of cable or affect a satisfactory repair using crimps etc

Call a spark it is worth it in the long run

It wouldnt have nessecarily tripped the MCB. Damage to a cable frequently goes undetected by any protective devices.

Only if the damage joins two conductors or a conductor to earth, will it operate any devices.

Sponsored Links
It wouldnt have nessecarily tripped the MCB. Damage to a cable frequently goes undetected by any protective devices.

Only if the damage joins two conductors or a conductor to earth, will it operate any devices.

Very true, hence the changes in the 17th for concealed cables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back