Socket distance from radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can a double socket be put close to a radiator in a bedroom, or does it need to be a certain distance away?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
There's no set distance in the regulations for distances of sockets from radiators. What the regulations do call for though is for you to consider infleunces (of which heat is one) on cables and electrical equipment.

Ive seen plenty of sockets 'close' to radiators never with any detrimental affect. How close do you call close? Will it be beneath and to the side of the radiator? Above it would obviously be worse (and very unusual) because of the rising heat and the possibility of trailing cables over the radiator.

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to put the socket 5" to one side of the radiator.

Sponsored Links
Just blame the plumber for putting the radiator too close to the socket.

In the past, when coming to second fix I have discovered to my dismay that I have been stupid enough to put sockets behind a radiator.

(In my defence, and for those slow on the uptake, a radiator that was not meant to be there!)

Lol, my 'No problem with that' comment was in response to the poster saying he'd mount it 5 inches to the side-not in response to dingbats behind the radiator gaff. :LOL: :LOL:

That'l teach me to hit the refresh button instead of using the 'back' button :oops:

It can sometimes be a little tricky trying to second fix a socket behind a radiator - especially a single :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back