Socket near Ceramic sink drainer

I can't remember when push fit came in. Certainly some time in the 1980's.
The Speedfit folk (J Guest) seem to claim that the first products were produced in 1974, but I imagine it was probably the 80s before many of us saw any of it, particularly in domestic properties.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Thanks a million for all the replies and ideas.

The solution for the sink is to move it to a different position away from the sockets. The Forum has assisted us to look again and it turns out, there always was a better position for the Sink that was glaringly obvious once we looked. My wife says "thank you" for giving her a better and more convenient kitchen.

Regarding moving the cooker control unit and cooker outlet, the local electrician has looked at the wall and can carry out the work. He also saw the potential "sink" problem and is happy that the "wife approved" new position poses absolutely no problem, being well over an arms length away from the nearest sockets.
While here, he was able to make suggestions to move the extractor fan socket and built in fridge socket (completely forgot these).

All in all, a really satisfactory solution to the planning pitfalls.

I also spoke to the plumber and he said that the pipework can easily go in copper (he is always neat and takes a pride in his clean soldered joints).

A final question. Does anyone have a "magic" source of money to pay for this new kitchen?
The "wouldn't it be a good idea to do the kitchen up" all started on a rainy Sunday morning over coffee!!!!
Next time, I'll just bury my head in the Sunday papers and grunt!javascript:emoticon(':LOL:')

regards, retiredbri

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back