socket off the Spur with the FCU

Winston likes to make sure that everybody uses absolutely the correct terms for everything. This often is not helpful, and threads ramble on as a result.
It would have been more helpful if he had explained that are two basic types of circuit in a house.
A ring final : traditionally used for socket circuits
And
Radial circuits. In a house, radial circuits are used for lighting.

There, did all that effort help solve your initial post? No I didn’t think it would.

PS Noggin is a piece of wood. Usually added to support something.

Sponsored Links
Winston likes to make sure that everybody uses absolutely the correct terms for everything. This often is not helpful, and threads ramble on as a result.
It would have been more helpful if he had explained that are two basic types of circuit in a house.
A ring final : traditionally used for socket circuits
And
Radial circuits. In a house, radial circuits are used for lighting.

There, did all that effort help solve your initial post? No I didn’t think it would.

PS Noggin is a piece of wood. Usually added to support something.

Thank you :) That gives me a starting point at least with something I can Google! Thanks all

Sorry what's a noggin?
460x460xStudwork.jpg.pagespeed.ic.l0hTF_HvaJ.jpg

Although the vertical positions usually do not line up, as staggering them means they can easily be nailed/screwed from the studs each side of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back