sockets in garage

Sponsored Links
Oh yes it has!

I'd say that is a bit of a shower lash up installed by some sort of incompetent fool.

hi all we only move in 18 months ago so its unkown whats what.
bas, the rcd warning notice is for the rcd for the shower with earths in the choc-block,
spark123 it is a 60a cu can you tell me what could be the outcome of a 40a mcb and in the lefthand side fo this cu,by the way it is for the shower. :rolleyes:

There is the possibility of it overloading the consumer unit, afaik the max normal size for a 60A consumer unit like that is a 30A fuse which isn't really an option unless your shower is a small one.
In a 100A consumer unit anything over a 30A fuse can only be installed in the location directly next to the main switch, the bases are keyed in order to stop anyone installing them elsewhere. However it is possible if someone was to break the key off to install it anywhere.
The best way to resolve this issue would be to have a new consumer unit fitted tbh.
You'd also end up with RCD protection for sockets which is a plus point, and RCD protection to all unprotected concealed cables including light circuits.

Sponsored Links
The shower breaker is 40A, but the board may be a sub 100A one.

The RCD is wired scrappily.

EDIT: Sorry, I posted this having only scanned the first page. :oops:

Test buttons are usually yellow aren't they?

If so then that ain't got one.

It depends what mood the manufacturer was in on the day they designed it as to what colour they use for the test button, some are yellow, some are white, some are grey, some are black, some are blue.........

hi everybody,thanks for all your input,but i think i will call in the profesional's if i can find one,and get it all check out and like spark123 says get a new cu with rcd which will cover the plugs.and by the way just to clear things up regards the rcd it has a test botton with the word test on it.once agian thanks to one an all.

cheers tommy. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back