Soffit Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hopefully going to fit soffit downlighter before the darker nights come. When feeding the wires through, going from light to light, can I just push them along & fish out & next hole or will there be roof joists that I might hit? Would it be easier doing it from the loft side?

Sponsored Links
Trail and error, I fitted cameras on mine this year and even though I replaced my own soffits and knew the layout it was tricky, I drilled through and used cable rods into the loft

Success in thus sort of thing is all about planning.
Run wiring from the loft side. There will be all sorts of woodwork up there.

Also, from the loft side, CAREFULLY measure where your lights will be. Otherwise (guaranteed) you will hit joists and having a Swiss cheese effect isn’t a good look.

Drill your holes from the outside.

Sponsored Links
Be aware that in some houses the soffit is behind a course of bricks and this might force rods over the felt, mine was mix of stuffing cable up the hole and fishing or rods

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back