Soffit repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I have upvc fascia around my 1979 bungalow but the soffit looks like cement sheet has been used. I have an area which is damaged and was the front door for a swarm of bees last summer. Any ideas for the best way to repair this. The cement board looks to be approx 200mm wide and 3mm thick but I'm struggling to find a material of equivalent dimensions.
20201203_121618.jpg

Sponsored Links
It looks like 1/4” thick asbestolux.....replace it with exterior ply or overboard with ply if you don’t want to shift it.
John :)

I've been doing just this job this week as all the paint had flaked up on our cladding and soffits, as the cement board likely contains asbestos I went with upvc hollow soffit fitted over the cement board so as not to disturb it.

6f9G5Bg.jpg

xT0EBMS.jpg

to fit it you need a length of soffit starter strip and a length of hollow soffit, both come in 5m lengths, the hollow soffit is about £10 a length and the starter strip about £5 both can be cut with a normal hand saw, you cut and screw up the starter strip on the opposite side to the fascia board, cut the hollow soffit to the required width and then one side of the hollow soffit sits on the lip created by the fascia board and the other side slots into the starter strip.

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back