Soffit Vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had pvc soffit boards fitted, unfortunatley before the builder finished the job he did a 'runner'. Leaving me with new boards etc but there is no vents anywhere, can anybody tell me what the regs' are covering this. I have found where I can buy round vents about 80mm in dia but how many? at what distance?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Building Regulations for pit roof,

80 mm diameter circular soffit vent,70mm internal,position at 200 mm centres along both sides of a roof. This provides ventilation equivalent to a continuous gap of 10 mm soffit vent type.

disc%20vent.jpg

masona ,could you do a sticky ,if you have the time,with some drawings like that one showing basic roofing structures or point us with a link to some????

What is it you wanted to know exactly ? I rather give you the right information!

Sponsored Links
Well-the roof I have is part real slate and part imitation .Its in fairly good nick however the felt underneath has sagged and torn The timber underneath is in good condition at the moment
I had a roofer quote me 5 grand to strip and refelt.
I know the job is more commonsense than rocket science but just how feasible is it for me to do myself working a full time job as well.I want to study the subject in order to find out.
I succesfully rewired and re-plumbed my previous house to surveyors satisfaction so I m not completely raw.

I'm very busy at the moment and will be on holiday next week but can't find any good link for you yet, can you post a photo of your roof then perhaps we can help you further. Are you thinking you want more support in the roofing section for extra roof tiles weight etc ?

Theres no hurry at all masona-it can go on the back burner as I have plenty to get on with myself, but thanks for the interest.
Its just a "simple" removal of the slates and renew the felt then put the slates back on.
I dont understand how to upload an image although I have some available.[/list]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back