Hollow soffit board venting methods

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all
Just had my 1990's soffits boarded over with the hollow type soffit board - looks like a honeycomb sort of arrangement inside - and a nice job it is too. However, I cant see any vents in it - the original soffit had a continous venting strip at the front edge, which has been covered over - but the contractor told me it was vented but it was designed that I couldn't see it. Been up in the loft and can see no air gap at all, so I assume I'll need to fit some vents myself and the contactor in telling porkies...?

Sponsored Links
probably wouldn't see anything from the loft, but there are some hidden soffit ventilation systems.
Any chance of a picture

Picture attached - luckily I managed to get a hold of the fitter and he has agreed to fit some vents, even though he still says there is enough ventilation as is. Thanks to everyone who had a look at the thread.
Cheers

Attachments

• 20160916_165751.jpg
    20160916_165751.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 225
Problem with over boarding the wood behind rots and cause damage to the ends of the roof trusses.Any rotten wood should be removed first before you over board

Sponsored Links
Picture attached - luckily I managed to get a hold of the fitter and he has agreed to fit some vents, even though he still says there is enough ventilation as is. Thanks to everyone who had a look at the thread.
Cheers
No he's agreed to fit vents because he's been caught out, that's not a ventilated system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back