Software office suites

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking at the reviews regarding microsoft offices suites, and seems they are quite a lot of money and a lot of unsatisfied users.
I remember back in the day, when purchasing a new PC, that you got either a preloaded suite or a bundle to load up. It seems this is no longer the case after much torturous sourcing of a PC that will suit my requirements, I naively thought that the price of PC with all the new tech had come markedly down in price, comparing to my last purchase some 8/9 years ago. But alas without the office bundles, it seems that this is not so.
So is it worth spending a lot of cash on microsoft suites or are the freebies such as libre worth considering?

Sponsored Links
Libreoffice is perfectly worth considering if you just want to do letters, spreadsheets etc for your own use. Many would say it's better than MS Office especially the spreadsheet.

If you want to exchange complicated documents, spreadsheets with macros etc in with MS Office users, it gets a bit incompatible at times, but then so do different versions of MS Office not play nicely with each other.

My usage would be for letter and reports, also to draw up and template quotes, estimates, invoices, receipts, etc for my business nothing too complicate, would require documents to able to both printing and send via email.
Would this be problematic?

No problems.

Emailing, you can save documents in MS Office format or as PDF.

Anyway, it's free to try.

Sponsored Links
Back