Soil excavation work £££?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I am looking at the pruchase of a bungalow built pre 1890s. There is currenlty a basement area beneath the bungalow which is being used as a storage area.
The ceiling height is approximately 5ft inside the basement, I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the approximate cost of excavating 2-3ft of soil p/sqm as it is something i would like to consider.

If anyone can recommend a good ground excavation company based in SW london, that would also be of great help.

Many thanks

Ollie

Sponsored Links
do you know whether the foundation depth of the existing building will allow you to take the extra soil out?

Yes i have been told that the foundations will allow for this amount of soil to be excavated. A few years ago new steel joists were inserted in to the house.

Ideally i want to have the minimum ceiling height of 7ft in place. Due to the uneven ground this would require between 2-3ft being excavated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back