Soil Pipe - Closed up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning

I bought a house last year, which includes an outhouse which used to house a downstairs toilet.

I was looking into the possibility of turning it into a downstairs bath/shower/toilet room as the upstairs bathroom is quite small. It seems the old owner has closed off the Soil pipe using some sort of cement.

My question is, how easy/costly is it likely to be to open this back up if it is at all possible? The room is in an ideal location as it has drainage out the back of it and the boiler is located in the next room along (utility) so it would be a shame not to be able to make use of this room.

First time here so any help/experience is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
He could have been sensible and stuffed some newspaper in the pipe and then plopped a little cement on top to plug it. Or he could have emptied a wheelbarrow full down the pipe until he filled it? Who knows, you'll have to do some exploration digging/drilling etc to find out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back