Soil pipe cross flow between sink and shower

Can't believe it, although I probably should have noticed.... I've got around to getting access to the other side of the boss branch to drill out the shower waste socket and was greeted with this. I'd imagine it's always been like it but the boss has been fitted at a slight angle, blocking access to the socket....

Now I can hammer drill some of the concrete out around it for the adapter but then I'm going to have a downwards angle on the shower pipe which I'm guessing is a recipe for disaster, especially now with the sink opposite....

How bad would it be if I was to use a few 90 degree bends to go out from the current hole and around the back of the soil stack to where I need.... would that have a massive impact on flow with 40mm as I'm guessing less bends the better? I could go first 2 at 90 degree and a couple of 45's around the back if that would be better too.

It's an electric shower so not as much flow as our other combi fed shower but feels like a few bends will be the better option than the slight downward slope.... Basin to go same side, above hole. I'm not interested in getting the whole thing changed!

Attachments

• 20230602_174543.jpg
    20230602_174543.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230602_175955.jpg
    20230602_175955.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 36
Sponsored Links
Not quite sure what you mean by the other one not being accessable, but your other option is ok.

Great, I'll go with that then. The marley adapters have a larger outer diameter than what goes into the socket by a decent bit. That means it won't fit into the bottom socket in that picture as the floor is in the way if that makes sense. It would also be slanted towards the floor instead of upwards due to the lean on the boss branch.

If that's your only option then use swept elbows, much less resistance to flow that normal elbows.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back