soil pipe install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used ratedpeople.com to find a tradesman. He quoted 1600pounds to install two soil pipes and I accepted and wrote a check for the deposit. He also said that if the work takes less time he will charge me less. Bonus!

On the day he started, he dropped off what I consider to be an inexperienced
apprentice who started carving up my outside downpipe gully with a hammer and small chisel!!! I found him also using my own tools - my angle grinder and my ladder. None of the parts or supplies arrived so he couldnt do any real work. I asked where his tools are and he said they haven't arrived yet. I asked why he wasn't using a breaker and he said because it was scheduled
for the next day and because it was not appropriate. I complained to the boss and he said he wouldn't charge me for that day. Great. But he made me sign a timesheet (I added a note that he agreed not to charge me).

The next day I received an email stating that I wanted something for nothing and he was not going to do the work. He damaged my gully and destroyed my downpipe and he is claiming it was helpful and if i put a claim in to my self build insurance co that he will then charge me for the "work".

Any advice? Was $1600 pounds reasonable by the way?

Thanks.

C

Sponsored Links
Was he supposed to be installing electrical soil pipes?

Think what BAS is trying to say is that this is in the wrong topic. Try posting it in the PLUMBING section.

Or maybe a nice MOD will move it for you............. :D

Maybe in the plumbing section of an American website :D

Sponsored Links
He quoted 1600pounds to install two soil pipes

Was $1600 pounds reasonable

Is that dollars or pounds and why pounds if you are in USA. :?: :rolleyes:

:idea: It could be that he is in the UK, but his PC keyboard is set up for the US, so if so then the £ sign comes up as the $ sign.

not that he pressed the 4 instead of the 3
gros10-1.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back