Soil pipe issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two questions on a soil pipe install:

1) Internally i am running the soil pipe in boxing, but i cannot exit in a straight line out through the wall as there is a change in wall line on the outside.

So i need to turn 90 degrees left then 90 degrees right to exit through the wall and then i hit a 90 elbow with access hatch on the outside.

Will i have blockage problems with this set up ? I can fit an access bend inside the property as well on my left/ right set up. I enclose a photo for the inside.

2) In the photo with my mate holding the soil pipe you can see the wall is a curved one. IS it better to run the soil pipe in one continuous piece and make it so it sticks out further from the wall where it goes into the building. OR do i go with the curve of the wall and i think use a 135 degree bend in the middle. OR maybe an adjustable bend.

Attachments

• IMG_3959.JPG
    IMG_3959.JPG
    352.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3961.JPG
    IMG_3961.JPG
    414.2 KB · Views: 104
Sponsored Links
Forgot to say internally from the toilet it is a 3.4m run approx with a 13cm fall. So it is about a 1:25 fall

With that sort of fall internally you have a fair chance of the contents of the pan being pushed through the bends, and whilst not ideal, you may get away with it. I'd keep the Access Points externally though, opening one of those on a blocked run internally isn't going to end well....

Externally, I'd put a bend in, and keep it running parallel with the wall, otherwise you may find the pipe is coming through the wall at the wrong angle and you'll have fun connecting up internally.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back