Soil pipe plastic to clay bend, joint opened

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Hopefully someone can help. There is a gap from the plastic pipe to the clay pipe as shown on the image. I was not sure how to seal it / what product to use. There isn’t a leak dripping as such but you can see the dirt between the crack and there is a slight smell of drainage. I did not know if I could use some sort of sealant or what would be best?

Thanks

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Hi Jason,

Hard to tell from photo as it links to plumbers forums (external site), but if it’s 4” then use a drain connector such as a McAlpine dc1bl. HTH

Thanks, not sure if the attached image is any better.

Many thanks

Attachments

• CB768AA0-22A3-4199-9FA1-A70E201D3F58.jpeg
    CB768AA0-22A3-4199-9FA1-A70E201D3F58.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 427
Sponsored Links
The McAlpine fitting might work but a problem is that the clay bend is slightly skewed to one side.
One way would be to lift out that amateurish jumble of fittings and pipe to attempt to get the McAlpine on the pipe, and into a cleaned up hub.
But any movement might break the seal on the strap-on waste fitting above?

Or, you could cut the pipe above the clay hub to remove it, and fit whatever will work in the bend hub?

Or you could leave things in place, and simply clean off the hub rim, and make good with a sand and cement fillet?

It looks like you have an AAV - but, if so, it seems to be too low down in the installation. When needed it could well be flooded and useless.

Do you have an access fitting/clean out installed out of sight? Or could you get access thro the AAV position?

Do you intend to connect the loose waste pipes to the 110mm pipe?

The 110mm pipe must be clipped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back