Soil pipe relocation and connection? advice please

oh.. i should point out that only 2-3 foot away is an access chamber, that is half on my land and also next door ( under next doors boundry fence, to the right of the planned new chamber ) so re a 320mm chamber or a larger one? would a 320mm be ok as access could be had by the jointly sited original one if needs be.

sorry just had to come on here as i am missing my daily DIYnot input lol

i will find out in the near future re the water/waste company and what i need to do. what i can do, and what i should do re getting the work done and by whom!

I am wondering re the old soil pipe! and what can be done to block off the old located pipe ( what is used to block/blank it off) when the time comes to relocate it? as it is mostly under the house, my thoughts are to block it off where it comes out from the side of the house? (about 3 foot long area ) and close to where it will get cut off from the old and the new pipe that will be running past it

Sponsored Links
Does the existing connection enter this manhole or does it connect elsewhere?

hi there.

it connects along up on the right ( as you look at the drawing) about 9 feet away. from where the new joint/chamber could go.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, always the way! Existing connection is upstream of the proposed new connection so that rules out using the existing connection. :( Depending on the construction of that existing chamber it may be easier to break into that for the new connection rather than add another chamber in close proximity to the existing.

The work is notifiable under Building Regulations, so I'd have a chat with Building Control and see what what their preference is. B.C.O. will probably want to inspect the work before passing it, so ask what they'd like to see done. (The Council will charge a fee for this.) You are rerouting an existing connection, not adding a new connection or connecting another property, so cant see as Water Folks will charge a fee.

Hi Hugh J

oh ok that is interesting. cheers for your thoughts on the matter

yes i shall make a few phone calls this week and see what i can find out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back