Soil problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm leveling my garden into tiers.

I have a lot of soil to get rid of.

I can't afford a skip.

My local dump limits me to taking soil there to one trip a month.

I live in a semi-rural area, and there are large areas of unreachable woodlands.

Anyone have any idea of the best means of disposal?

Sam.

Sponsored Links
register with http://www.uk.freecycle.org/ find your local group and post up what you have got, should be gone in no time.

i posted up on my local page to get rid of a load of red chips, 1hr later i had 20 emails from people wanting them lol

Kev

Kevstir is right. I have seen offers in my local freecycling group for top soil. Somebody wanted to dig his front garden to make a driveway. He suggested that anyone needing top soil can dig as much as they like. So not only he didn't have to hire a skip but actually had the digging done for free. Brilliant idea :LOL:

I suggest you sew little bags into your trousers, fill them with soil, then walk slowly around a local park, releasing the soil down your trouser legs as you walk :)

Sponsored Links
Or build a dirty great mountain in your living room like Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters! :D

You will find that hiring a grabber lorry will be cheaper than skips by far. You just pile it up outside on the roadside and the chap comes and grabs it onto his truck. Look in local paper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back