Soil stack diversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry previously posted in Wiki, so here goes again:eek:ops

Hi all, I am new to this so please forgive if doing it wrong!

We are doing a self build extension to the back of our property and the existing soil stack is against the back of the house, this means it will need to go through the roof of our new extension, the roofer suggested diverting the stack so that it would have a bend on it and then travel along the wall sloping upwards horizontially inside the ceiling of my new kitchen and then venting outside at the side of the house.
Can this be done safely e.g no escaping smells and are building regs needed.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what your layout is here. Can you provide a diagram?

At what level do any upstairs wc bathroom etc connect to the stack as the wet section of the stack must be vertical with no bends.
However you can divert the stack above the highest connection to vent at least 1 metre above the eaves or any opening.

Pete

Hi I've uploaded some pictures, what we want to do is cap off the existing pipe, add a t bend then follow along the new roof struts coming out at the side of the house, also as previously asked would building regs need to be involved

Sponsored Links
We are doing a self build extension..............................the roofer suggested

Self build eh. :p

As Pete said really but what is the problem with exiting through the roof? Either a pitched lead slate or lead multi slate will deal with weathering and the pipe can be positioned so that it misses any rafters.

Hi we had gotten use to the fact that the stack would be boxed in and exit the extension roof, but the roofer felt it could be a problem re: leaks, so mentioned divert, my husband would be happy not to touch it as he has enough to do with other parts of the build

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back