soil stack failing test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are currently having problems with the soil pipes on a convertion we are undertaking. Our soil pipes are failing their pressure test, they were ok prior to laying the concrete floor but someone must have disturbed one of the pipes as we now fail the test. the fail isnt too bad the system does hold pressure but it drops to fast.

the problem is that the leak is under our concrete floor which ahs the UFH in it! does anyone know of a remedial pipe lining system that is available to coat the inside of the pipes to seal them?

any suggestions gratefully received

macandrc

Sponsored Links
i was originally ttesting it at 100mm but since we have installed shallow shoer traps the max pressure we can achieve before the traps blow is just under 40mm i think.

speak to the ds, they are normall quite reasonable, if the drop isint to drastic they may pass it, there is nothing I know about that will seal the pipes from the inside, is any part of the bit thats leaking from the original pipework?

Sponsored Links
i was originally ttesting it at 100mm but since we have installed shallow shoer traps the max pressure we can achieve before the traps blow is just under 40mm i think.
:rolleyes: Shouldn't have installed shallow traps then. No, really, you shouldn't, it contravenes the Building Regulations Part H which say that the minimum trap seal on a shower, when connected to a stack, is 50mm :rolleyes:

If they won't pass it because of the leak (assuming the leak is under the floor) then you're going to have to dig it up. Theoretically you should be able to claim costs off the guys who laid the floor...

When the drains are laid they should be tested and passed by the building inspector.

Why are you testing them again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back