Soil/vent pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am fitting a bathroom and the soil pipe that the toilet goes into continues up the wall into the loft and through the roof to vent. I would like to re configure the bathroom and it would be helpful if I could remove the 4 inch pipe going up the wall to free up space

Could I replace with a mushroom vent cowl?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Is this the only vent on the property? If so, it will need to remain open to atmosphere otherwise you could start experiencing problems with pressure fluctuations is the drainage system. If you can remove it, the pipe will need to finish higher than the spillover level of the highest appliance, (usually the basin), and be fitted with an air admittance valve, (AAV).

Sponsored Links
No worries. Glad to help. People think its fine to remove events for aesthetic or cost reasons, then when there's an issue with the system they wonder why. We are experiencing a lot more issues at work when sewer cleaning, with blowbacks into properties as the pressure cannot vent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back