Soilpipe - air addmittance required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to revamp the bathroom.

I have a loo and the basin/bath/shower all entering a soilpipe which then has an upward dog-leg to enable it to vent through the ceiling/roof to the outside. Except maybe for the dog-leg, pretty standard.

I want to remove that vent and put in an Air Addmittance Valve which I think regulations would suggest I could do - this would remove the unsightly boxing-in at the corner of the bathroom. I understand it needs to be sited above any flood level of anything accessing that pipe- so at lip-of- basin height. This would be ok as I'm using a concealed cistern and that can be hissed with that.

Question:- Is the above ok?
Question:- I'm lead to believe by the Hepworth website [ specs ] that their HepvO waste valve will take place of an AAV as it too admits air. Does that mean I could use 1 of those on the basin instead?

Question:- This house is detatched with it's drainage unshared before it hits the mains in the road. As I also have an other bathroom without it's own soilstack vent [ downstream ], do I have to keep the vent I have regardless or is that single AAV I plan to use sufficiant. Equally if the HepvO is an adequet replacement for an AAV, is that going to suffice? I'm comfy putting the HepvO on the basin & bath if more venting would be enough?

I'm assuming putting 1 of those [ HepvO ] on the shower may not work too well should I power the shower at a later date. Thinking of the volume of water to pass through it.....

Thoughts please.

Sponsored Links
You MUST have a vent somewhere on your property. AAVs only let air in to protect against seal loss and do not allow sewer gases out. :rolleyes:

Hmmm! Gonna have to rethink this. I assume any vent has to be upwards above the roof? Couldn't take it through the wall??

Sponsored Links
Wheres the smacked bottom smiley gone :?: . :LOL:

here
spank2.gif

U do need to keep 1 open vent on the system as stated. U can reduce it to 50mm waste pipe & let it in the wall or in a stud & then back to 110mm before leaving the roof. or take it out side in 50mm up the wall & above the gutter. the anti vacum traps only protect the appliance they are connected to.

Ah kewl! 50mm.... that'll let me hide the perisher! Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back