Solar Panel failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This seemed to be the most appropriate forum.

I have a 12 Panel solar install ... 12 x BenQ 330W into a Solar Edge inverter
Noticed on monitor App 1 Panel has gone down (not generating)

The Panels are under warranty, but on checking the sales/installer company has ceased trading.

2 part Q .....

Does anybody know how to contact BENQ solar Panel support in UK .... hoping they do some form of advance replacement?
All my searches show plenty of BenQ sellers .... but when you try BENQ support no option for Solar Panels.

Second part - anybody had a similar issue with supplier ceased and needed to get support.

Luckily as each panel has local control ... the other 11 continue to work fine.

Sponsored Links
This seemed to be the most appropriate forum.

I have a 12 Panel solar install ... 12 x BenQ 330W into a Solar Edge inverter
Noticed on monitor App 1 Panel has gone down (not generating)

The Panels are under warranty, but on checking the sales/installer company has ceased trading.

2 part Q .....

Does anybody know how to contact BENQ solar Panel support in UK .... hoping they do some form of advance replacement?
All my searches show plenty of BenQ sellers .... but when you try BENQ support no option for Solar Panels.

Second part - anybody had a similar issue with supplier ceased and needed to get support.

Luckily as each panel has local control ... the other 11 continue to work fine.
No idea about solar panels, but Benq had something to do with Siemmens mobile phones a while back, maybe they could help? (if it is the same Benq)

Are you going on the generation meter reading; or has the web monitor gone down? I was sure about the former at mine, but it turned out to be the online portal not working (showing 0 generation), while the panels were actually generating.

The access App shows that 11 panels working fine … 0 A out of one panel.
shut down and rebooted system … no change.

Sponsored Links
It is more likely the solaredge optimiser under the panel that has failed. I doubt very much that it's the panel.

Last edited:
How can I tell ? … both under warranty … but seperate companies.
supposedly they monitor the system, but had no notification of a fault from them.

They do have help desk, I’ll try them tomorrow - Thnx

You will need an experienced installer to get up on the roof to test the panel and the optomiser. I have had a few optomisers fail. Cables chewed by squirrels but not a single panel go down.

I tried searching local installers, so far they have all ceased trading …. Found one 60 miles away.
I assume Solar Edge don’t have service guys … they just exchange faulty parts.

Swap the microinverter from a working panel to the dud panel and vice versa. Without electrocuting yourself.

If it's the panel the nothing changes, if it's the inverter the donor panel will stop working. If it's dodgy wiring then both might work or not work.

I tried searching local installers, so far they have all ceased trading …. Found one 60 miles away.
I assume Solar Edge don’t have service guys … they just exchange faulty parts.
Solaredge did have their own service engineer some years back but I don't know if they have them now.

Don’t think I‘m right guy to clamber on my roof .. 40 years ago maybe.
with all the installers who went bust … pity there is no local group to find a guy with skills.

There is an electricians forum that has a PV section where you might find someone in your area. You would have to find in via google.

How can I check .... nothing about it is my information pack ..... it just say 210yrs warranty, and to contact them.
NIDEIC & MCS certificates
It does advise they were registered with RECC Assurance Scheme ... and gives code number, it does advise that "warranty form us will still be honoured, if we should go out of business during warranty period"

Under Warranty it states "All equipment is warrantied by its manufacturer, but you should contact us in the first instance...25 years for panels, 12 years for inverter."

Ill try contacting RECC

How can I check .... nothing about it is my information pack ..... it just say 210yrs warranty, and to contact them.
NIDEIC & MCS certificates
It does advise they were registered with RECC Assurance Scheme ... and gives code number, it does advise that "warranty form us will still be honoured, if we should go out of business during warranty period"

Under Warranty it states "All equipment is warrantied by its manufacturer, but you should contact us in the first instance...25 years for panels, 12 years for inverter."

Ill try contacting RECC
It looks you could be covered then?

Sponsored Links
Back