SolarTwin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone seen or fitted this?

It uses a solar voltaic powered pump and no antifreeze. The solar panels and pipework are designed to expand and freeze in cold weather.

No power supply, no antifreeze, only one moving part (the aforementioned varispeed pump).

It is a direct system, eg: the water running through the panel is what you bathe in. Limescale is not likely to lodge because of the expansion and contraction of the pipe.

We have been asked to connect a couple up, in principle it looks a fascinating approach. I'm intrigued, has anyone run one in the field?

Sponsored Links
I don't rate Solartwin personally, they used to say in their litreature that a water softener was recommended.

I think I have heard of a problem but I have forgotten what it was.

Might have an application in a cabin without mains power though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I had good long talk with the designer once. The only negative part was that at times the pump may be pumping heat out of the cylinder into the panels as there was no differential controller. However he convinced me that it was the overall performance that mattered and the simplicity meaning higher reliability.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back