Solder not appearing at joint

I use my flux brush to flick off gobs of solder from the bottom of a horizontal joint and to flatten any runs on a vertical joint whilst it's still molten... Can't always avoid a run, even though I do wipe excess solder from a fitting before heating.

It bloody hurts when you flick it into your own face or back of your hand though :eek:

Sponsored Links
I ended up doing the cap again, siphoned out the pipe and it looked much better. Did 2 pipes up to a wall radiator after and job satisfaction with copper pipe must be better than the plastic stuff. Great when you turn the water on and it dosnt pish out everywhere :)

A few years ago my brother in law decided to try and fit a new basin himself,he went and bought himself a blowtorch, and used Yorkshire fittings.
Phoned me up on Saturday afternoon complaining about Yorkshire fittings being rubbish because every fitting leaked, I asked what flux he used he replied
“Flux?”

Sponsored Links
A few years ago my brother in law decided to try and fit a new basin himself,he went and bought himself a blowtorch, and used Yorkshire fittings.
Phoned me up on Saturday afternoon complaining about Yorkshire fittings being rubbish because every fitting leaked, I asked what flux he used he replied
“Flux?”
If you don’t know,then you don’t know! Everyday is a school day

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back