Soldiers on trial!

jasy said:
If you think these guys are thugs then just look in your town centre on an evening at the wasters cutting around smashing the place up.

jasy said:
...British soldier in Iraq Supposedly treats suspect badly and gets paraded in front of the worlds media as thug and the dregs of society.

Well Jasy, could it not be argued that each group described in the above quotes share similar behaviour patterns :?:

Sponsored Links
I know it will seem a terrible thing to say but I do know something about this that I really don't wont to go into but although there may be the odd innocent mostly these guys (looters etc)need a good thumping as long as thats all it is, the crime for the forces is in getting caught in which case you takes the punishment full stop! .

On average about 50 people die in police custody in this country every year. If you are in custody you have to expect a bit of a kicking. The police get away with it so why shouldn't the British soldiers?

Sponsored Links
Infantry soldiers are not police officers however much our government likes to think. . Yes we have military police so they should be doing the job of looking after POW's, NOT guys who have been fighting on the front line! :eek:

shaggy said:
On average about 50 people die in police custody in this country every year. If you are in custody you have to expect a bit of a kicking. The police get away with it so why shouldn't the British soldiers?
Do you know for certain the circumstances of the deaths in Police custody? Were some of them perhaps due to suicides or heart attacks brought on by the strain of the situation? Or do you think they were all caused by the Police giving arrested people a bit of a kicking?

jasy said:
Infantry soldiers are not police officers however much our government likes to think. . Yes we have military police so they should be doing the job of looking after POW's, NOT guys who have been fighting on the front line! :eek:

Good point, Jasy. I was unawate of this. Why is it then that the military police are not engaged in dealing with the POW's?

Rider:
Do you know for certain the circumstances of the deaths in Police custody?
Good point, and I don't have the breakdown. I suppose some may be heart attacks, suicide or just old age.

jasy said:
kendor said:
jasy said:
You do not know the circumstances, everyone is presuming ;)
Exactly! so why the comment in the first place, the courts will decide on the evidence given.

Your missing the point, (AGAIN), they should not have to be put in the position in the first place. British soldier murdered in Iraq gets 3 lines on page 9. British soldier in Iraq Supposedly treats suspect badly and gets paraded in front of the worlds media as thug and the dregs of society. These soldiers have been dealing with the dregs of the Iraqi society. People who just hours earlier were probably shooting at them, looting genuine, law abiding citizens property and businesses and being a severe threat to security. I'm sorry Kendor, you would know all about that wouldn't you sat in your ivory palace surveying all those bad people around you and passing comment....muppet. :rolleyes:
Sorry jasy but i believe you are missing the point, you digress by quoting other incidents from the one in question to back up your claims, all the cases are judged on their merits whether the victim is iraqi or british or american doesn't come into it.
It's the illegal "activities" that are in question here.
Oh by the way i see you have now taken to signing your replies(see above bolded) nice choice of name, suits you :LOL:

shaggy said:
Oh Man what can you say! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

chainsaw_masochist said:
jasy said:

Good point, Jasy. I was unawate of this. Why is it then that the military police are not engaged in dealing with the POW's?
simply because it is nothing to do with them once apprehended, it is then the jurisdiction of the iraqi police force if any.

shaggy said:
Rider:
Do you know for certain the circumstances of the deaths in Police custody?
Good point, and I don't have the breakdown. I suppose some may be heart attacks, suicide or just old age.
that last bit made me smile :)

kendor said:
chainsaw_masochist said:
jasy said:

simply because it is nothing to do with them once apprehended, it is then the jurisdiction of the iraqi police force if any.

What world do you live in? At the time of these alleged incidents there was no iraqi police force........i will do it again.MUPPET :rolleyes:

shaggy said:
You'll all be aware by now of my situation from my other postings. I have to say that the police were polite and courteous throughout. Perhaps because I was the same. They offered me coffee, something to eat etc. Obviously being in a cell isn't supposed to be the Hilton but I can genuinely say they did everything they could to make it less uncomfortable for me. Perhaps those who think otherwise are the ones who kick off and give the police grief?

Simon, from my experience I would have to agree. Police are people too, so if you are nice to them you stand a better chance of them being nice back at you. They are trained in all kinds of ways to keep their cool and remain pleasant even when you aren't.

I have to wonder, people who get arrested and then start lashing out... do they really think that being violent will help their case? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back