Solenoid Ticking ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Intermitent ticking noise like a solenoid opening and shutting coming from the gas valve, I think.

Pilot light is lit ok and after about 3-5 minutes of ticking it will all burst into life. What does anyone think, gas valve knackered or something else?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
we need more information!

Power to solenoid when it fails (noises)?

Were good, but we dont have crystal balls.

Well not untill i can get mine replaced.

David

Sponsored Links
it depends on ya boiler what test results u would require. 240 or 24 volt gas valves etc.

Sorry for the delay my computer was on the blink :oops:

It is an ideal classic boiler around 5 years old. Like I said it can go for days without this happening then off it goes, listening to it closely it definatley is coming from the gas valve.

Its almost as if the valve clicks open then imediatley shuts again, rapidly. Click around 3-4 times a second and the click is identical to a click just before the full burner kicks in when it is operating correctly

Sorry for the delay my computer was on the blink :oops:

It is an ideal classic boiler around 5 years old. Like I said it can go for days without this happening then off it goes, listening to it closely it definatley is coming from the gas valve.

Its almost as if the valve clicks open then imediatley shuts again, rapidly. Click around 3-4 times a second and the click is identical to a click just before the full burner kicks in when it is operating correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back